Same-Day Emergency Treatment
In the case of a dental emergency, it’s essential to act fast. Dr. Mohan and Dr. Veena can help you out and address the issue, often during the same day if you contact them during office hours. If you’re in severe pain, they will put your comfort first and foremost, potentially using local anesthetic and prescribing antibiotics and/or oral pain medication. to get you back to good oral health.
The priority is to manage the discomfort as soon as possible. Then, Dr. Mohan and Dr. Veena can determine the best course of action for your particular emergency. It may involve filling cavities, root canals, tooth extraction, or replacing a crown or bridge. No matter the situation, seeking professional help right away is vital to prevent possible further damage and costly repairs. Visit our dental office located in San Antonio, Pleasanton, or New Braunfels for your emergency dental needs.
Welcome to our emergency dental practice! Our team of experienced and caring dentists, Dr. Mohan and Dr. Veena, are here to provide you with the best in emergency dental care. We understand that when you’re in pain, you need fast, effective dental treatment. That’s why we utilize advanced technology, such as X-rays, to quickly diagnose the issue. We have a range of solutions available from simple tooth extractions to more complex root canal therapies. We also provide sedation dentistry for those who are anxious or nervous about their dental procedure. And, of course, we offer preventive treatments such as fluoride treatments and dental cleanings to help you maintain a healthy, beautiful smile. We’re here to provide you with the best in emergency care, so don’t hesitate to contact us if you’re in need of help!
Our lightning-quick emergency care:
- Dr. Mohan and Dr. Veena are here to provide many dental services. They start with a quick, focused check-up to determine the problem and the solution.
- X-rays are taken to figure out the state of your dental health and to pick up on any hidden issues.
- Treatment begins right away, to bring you relief and fix the problem – including extractions and root canal therapy if needed.
We also offer sedation dentistry for our nervous patients. Nitrous oxide and IV sedation are both administered to help you feel relaxed and at ease. After the emergency care is done, our dentists will stick around to make sure everything goes smoothly. We also provide preventive treatments such as fluoride treatments and dental cleanings, so you can keep your dental health in tip-top shape. It’s our mission to help you keep your teeth and gums healthy for life!
A dental emergency is any situation that requires immediate treatment to prevent further damage or harm to the teeth and gums. Common dental emergencies include severe tooth pain caused by tooth decay, broken, or cracked teeth, a knocked-out tooth, an object stuck between the teeth, lost or broken dental fillings, and pain due to gum disease. If you experience any of these issues, it is important to seek immediate care.
In some cases, a dental emergency may require more urgent attention. If you have a severe and persistent toothache, or if you are experiencing pain, swelling, or bleeding in and around your mouth, seek immediate medical attention. These conditions could be symptoms of an underlying serious condition and should be evaluated as soon as possible.
Tips for Handling a Dental Emergency
If you are dealing with a dental emergency, it can be a stressful and overwhelming experience. Knowing what steps to take in the event of an emergency can help you feel more prepared and confident in managing the situation.
Here are some helpful tips for a dental emergency:
- Knocked-out tooth – Place the tooth back in the mouth where it fell out (if possible), and bite down gently on gauze or a wet tea bag to hold it in place, being careful not to swallow the tooth. If the above step is not possible, place the tooth in a container and cover it with a small amount of whole milk or saliva. The tooth can also be carried between the lower lip and lower gum or under the tongue until you make your dental visit.
- Loose dental crown – If a crown feels loose or comes detached, carefully attempt to slip it back on. First, prepare the inside of the crown with over-the-counter dental cement, denture adhesive, or even toothpaste. Otherwise, bring the crown with you to our office.
- Lost dental filling – Temporarily seal the empty area exposed by the lost filling with a piece of sugarless gum or over-the-counter dental cement until you can get prompt treatment.
- Broken or chipped teeth – Save all pieces of the broken tooth and rinse your mouth with warm water to flush any remaining fragments. Apply a cold compress to the area.
- Toothache – Rinse your mouth with warm water and floss to remove food particles. If there is swelling, apply a cold compress to the main site until you can come in to discuss your treatment options.
- Dental abscessed tooth – Contact Dr. Mohan and Dr. Veena immediately if you find an abscess. It may lead to a serious infection if left untreated. Rinse your mouth with a mild saline solution of ½ teaspoon salt in 8 ounces of water several times a day.
- Objects Caught Between Teeth – If objects are stuck between your teeth, do not attempt to remove them with a sharp object such as a pin or needle. Instead, try gently flossing around the object to loosen it and then use a toothpick or dental tool to carefully remove it. If the object cannot be removed easily, visit your dentist as soon as possible for assistance.
- Bitten Lip or Tongue – If you have bitten your lip or tongue, immediately rinse your mouth with warm salt water to help reduce inflammation and pain. Apply a cold compress to the area to reduce swelling and seek medical attention if the bleeding does not stop after 10 minutes.
At Elite Dental, we understand that dental emergencies can arise at any time, and they need to be addressed quickly and effectively. That’s why we have locations in Pleasanton, New Braunfels, and San Antonio, TX to ensure that our patients can get the care they need as soon as possible. Our staff is experienced in treating a variety of dental emergencies, from toothaches to chipped or broken teeth, and we have the necessary tools and dental technology to make sure that your dental emergency is diagnosed and treated quickly and effectively.
We strive to provide a comfortable and welcoming environment for all of our patients, and our staff is friendly and knowledgeable. We understand that dental emergencies can be stressful and inconvenient, but we are here to make sure that you get the care you need in a timely and efficient manner. Visit Elite Dental for your dental emergencies and experience the difference for yourself.